Wednesday, May 04, 2011
What have you learnt about Obama this week?

With so many ways we're influenced on a daily basis, it's often more accurate to consider your aggregate knowledge of a topic rather than your recollection of reading a story or seeing something on the TV.

I just asked myself how I feel about Obama, and my current mood is extremely positive. The main things I can recall influencing me are:

1. This wonderful cartoon:



2. His hilarious address at the White House Press Corps dinner:



3. Obama trumping Trump by making his statement about the capture of Osama Bin Laden just before the end of Celebrity Apprentice.

4. An article I read in the Evening Standard about Obama's jump in the polls.

5. A colleague telling me how cool he is.

There were probably many more messages I absorbed in the last couple of days, but these are the only ones I can remember specifically. It's interesting to note the split - two are under the control of the White House (the speech and the timing of the announcement), one is press coverage, one is a meme and one is idle conversation.

To be honest, I think I was most influenced by the meme. Is that bad?